At The Toxic Shock Syndrome Information Service, we believe privacy for our users to be of the highest importance.
We collect personal information about people in a number of different ways, including:
We may record your details if you are in contact with us, however, we will not use or disclose your details to anyone outside The Toxic Shock Syndrome Information Service, without your consent. We do not sell or pass-on, any of our mailing or contact lists. We only use personal information we collect for the purpose of contacting you if we are engaged by you, or wish to provide you with information we think might interest you.
- If you write, phone, fax or email us and leave your details.
- If we are engaged in some formal form of work with you or your company.
We make every attempt to store your personal information securely and to keep the information we collect from you as current as possible. Our computer networks are password-protected, our internal network is protected by a firewall and we deploy standard security operating procedures. You should understand however that the open nature of the Internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the law or comply with legal process served on The Toxic Shock Syndrome Information Service Pty Ltd.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of The Toxic Shock Syndrome Information Service Pty Ltd.
We have made our website cookie-free so you can access and browse it without disclosing any personal information. We do not automatically log personal data/information, nor do we link information automatically logged by other means with personal data about specific individuals.
When you visit our site, our Internet service provider (ISP) makes an anonymous record of these visits (your personal details, including your email address are not logged) and logs the following information:
- Total sessions and page hits we served.
- Total time spent by these sessions.
- The most and least popular pages on our site.
- The most and least popular entry and exist pages on our site.
- The site that directed or referred our visitors eg. a search engine.
- The type of browser and operating systems used.
- A breakdown of visits by country.
We use this information to measure site activity in order for us to constantly improve our website and your experience of it.
No attempt will be made to identify you or your browsing activity except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may produce a warrant to inspect our ISP's logs.